Thursday, May 29, 2008

30 Rock's on!


I didn’t meet Keith Olbermann—well not directly. We were sitting on a bench at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, directly in front of where The Today Show is produced. It was about 7:45 PM, and we had just finished a leisurely and delicious meal. My husband gestured to me excitedly, pointing to a window on the 2nd floor. I looked up, and there stood Keith, preparing to tape his show Countdown. I sprang up from the bench where I had been sitting, and began to wave to him. He looked at me, smiled and started waving back to me. I immediately gave him a “high-five”, blew him a kiss, and I believe that I made the gesture that “Lincoln Hayes” from the Mod Squad made when he uttered those now famous words “Solid”. Keith was laughing at me, and I at him. What a crazy scene!


After the show was completed and the studio cleared, my husband wandered off for a few minutes, and came back with a huge grin on his face. He handed me his camera, and there was a close up image of Keith. My husband had bumped into him as he was leaving the studio, shook his hand and taken his photo. Greg said that he had a suit coat, shirt, and tie on, but he was wearing jeans. I had always assumed that he was in a full suit when he taped his show. I guess that he could tape in his "underpants" if he wanted to, since he never stands up during the broadcast.

No comments: